The main changes are:
Datahub will take over several responsibilities and activities from the Distribution System Operators (DSOs) regarding distribution grids:
- Reporting and sending consumption and production values to eSett
- Structure handling
- Reporting market grid area imbalance values
DSOs will still be able to view and order data packages in Online Service for the Metering Grid Areas (MGA) that Datahub administers but not to update information
Reporting and structure handling of other types of grids than distribution grids is left to the DSOs responsible for the MGAs.
During the implementation, new market codes has been taken into use for the Finnish market. Here you can find the list of the new market participant codes and MGA codes for Finland New codes for Finnish market.
New normal Production Unit (PU) codes will be set as primary codes during October 2021. Here you can find a list of the New Normal PU Codes. Finally, during the beginning of February 2022, eSett will implement new virtual PUs with new codes that match the ones used in Datahub.
Due to these changes, Market participants must make sure that they are able to report values to eSett with the GS1 coding scheme.
- Data package examples can be found here – Data communication – under Data packages
- Dress rehearsal: 22.11.2021-7.12.2021
- Overall freeze period lasts from 1.11.2021-31.3.2022
- Core freeze period lasts from 10.2.2022-21.2.2022
- Go-live: 21.2.2022
During the overall freeze period, new market participants cannot enter the Finnish electricity retail market and market participants already operating in the retail market cannot merge, divide or terminate their operations. Also, it is not possible to make changes to the Metering Grid Areas (MGA) of the distribution networks, including the creation of new MGAs or the merging or division of existing MGAs into several MGAs.
During the core freeze period, the following changes are not allowed:
- Relationship changes between suppliers and balance responsible parties (Retailer Balance Responsibility)
- DSO may not take into use new MGA exchange points to a parallel network in which it does not yet have any exchange points (MGA Exchange structure)
- No new Production units are allowed to be created
- Retailers can’t start to sell in a MGA, where they do not have had sales (taking the measurement type into account):
- Measurement type: profiled or metered
- Change of Imbalance retailer, retailer of PU’s own consumption and retailer for losses are not allowed
More information on the Finnish Datahub is available on Datahub | Datahub Services.
We recommend subscribing to our newsletter to learn more about the upcoming changes in the market.